CLEVELAND – 100 Fairmont State athletics student-athletes earned the D2 ADA Academic Achievement Awards, the Division 2 Athletics Directors Association (D2 ADA) announced on Thursday (Aug. 3). The Academic Achievement Awards, in its 16th year, is a program that recognizes the academic accomplishments of student-athletes at the Division II level.
In total, there were a record breaking 19,646 student-athletes from 196 institutions recognized for the 2022-23 Academic Achievement Awards. This is the most student-athletes being recognized since the inception of the awards program.
To qualify for this honor, the following must occur:
- The athletic director must be a dues-paying member of the D2 ADA.
- Student-athlete must have …
- a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- have attended a minimum of two years (four semesters) of college level work
- have been an active member of an intercollegiate team during his/her last academic year