The West Virginia Division of Natural Resources (DNR) will hold 12 public meetings across the state in March to provide hunters, trappers, anglers, landowners and other interested parties an opportunity to review and comment on proposed 2015 hunting regulations for white-tailed deer, wild turkey, black bear and boar, proposed 2016 – 2017 general hunting and trapping regulations and proposed 2016 fishing regulations.
Additionally, sportsmen and women will have the opportunity to receive information on the new electronic licensing and game check system. These meetings will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17.
“These public meetings have been designed to use an ‘Open House’ format,” said DNR Director Robert A. Fala. “This informal meeting style allows people to attend at their convenience during the scheduled meeting times, learn of proposed regulation changes, discuss these proposals with personnel from the Wildlife Resources and Law Enforcement sections, and comment on the proposed regulations and other wildlife-related issues.”
Written comments from the public on these proposed hunting, trapping and fishing regulations also are encouraged. The proposals will be posted on the DNR website soon at www.wvdnr.gov .
The deadline for written comments is April 3, 2015. Anyone interested in attending the meetings scheduled in their areas should note these dates and locations:
Monday, March 16, 2015:
• Fairmont – East Fairmont High School (Commons Area)
• Princeton – Chuck Mathena Center (Rotunda Room)
• Martinsburg – James Rumsey Technical Institute (Cafeteria)
• Milton – West Virginia Pumpkin Park (Office Building)
• Harrisville – North Bend State Park
• Flatwoods – Braxton County High School
Tuesday, March 17, 2015:
• Glen Dale – John Marshall High School (north end – Senior Commons)
• Moorefield – South Branch Inn (Rt. 220)
• Elkins – DNR Operations Center
• Fayetteville – New River Gorge, Canyon Rim Visitor Center
• Logan – Chief Logan State Park Conference Center
• Parkersburg – City Building (Lobby)