By Sonny Hoskinson, R.Ph.,
Camp Catch Your Breath wants you to know that…
- An average of 1 out of every 10 school-aged children have asthma.
- Asthma is the third-leading cause of hospital stays in children.
- Boys are more likely to have asthma than girls. However, women are more likely to have asthma than men.
- 1 in 5 children with asthma go to the emergency room.
- Among children ages 5 to 17, asthma is one of the top causes of missed school days. It accounts for more than 13.8 million missed school days.
- Children with asthma miss 2.48 more days of school each year than children without asthma.
- The greatest increase in asthma is among African American children.
Camp Catch Your Breath- will be held July 23-28. For more information about asthma camp, call 681-342-1570.