If you do not attend Shinnston City Council meetings, you may not be aware of who is serving your community in leadership positions.
– Sammy J. DeMarco, Council Ward 1 (Mayor)
– Brian Parris, Council Ward 2
– Pat Kovalck, Council Ward 3 (Vice-Mayor)
– Rodney Strait, Council Ward 4
– Mary Ann Ferris, Council At-Large
– Bill Watson, Council At-Large
– Maxine Weser, Council At-Large
– Amy Wilson, City Manager
– AJ Hammond, Community Development Director
– Kathleen Panek, City Clerk
Shinnston City Council meetings are held on the second and last Monday of each month (unless a holiday presents a conflict) at 7:00 p.m. in Council Chambers (Municipal Building on lower Bridge Street). The public is welcome to attend. Citizens who wish to address Council are required to complete a short form in advance stating the matter they wish to discuss. Presentations should be limited to five minutes.
Petition forms to speak before Council are available at the City website: www.shinnstonwv.com.