By Chad Edwards
While we are sure to have one or two more snows before it is all over with, actual spring weather is almost upon us. With that, I would like to tell you about some dates to remember. It is going to be a fun year.
- Our very own Minigh Dentistry will be hosting an Easter Egg Hunt on April 16 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Ferguson Memorial Park.
- We will be hosting a Shinnston Farmers’ Market on the first Saturday of every month from May to September from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. This will be in the Shinnston green space and local vendors and artists are more than welcome to set up. Email Maria Lynn Cusack for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wind Down Wednesdays will kick off on May 18 at 6 p.m. with Last Year’s Model providing entertainment. After the first one, we will resume the first Wednesday of every month.
- The Shinnston pool will open on May 28 at 11 a.m. (Get your season passes now.)
- We will be having a Juneteenth/West Virginia Day Culture and Arts Festival on June 18 at the Ferguson Memorial Park.
- The Community Band will be playing in Ferguson Memorial Park on July 1. Events kick off at 6 p.m. followed by fireworks.
- Frontier Days is happening this year Aug 11-13 in the downtown area. We were not able to get amusement rides, but we will have plenty of great music, games, and vendors for you to check out.
- There will be a Beer Fest and Gravel Grinder brought to you by Pike Street Bikes on September 17.
More events will be announced such as Shakespeare in the Park, various concerts, a few midnight swims at the Shinnston pool, and of course the Citywide Yard Sale. Stay tuned for more as the weather gets warmer.
Please keep me informed of events sounds great
I would like to know when city clean up date is this year.
Everything sounds good but Beer Fest sounds like a lot of drunks in town that day .