By Chad Edwards
While we are sure to have one or two more snows before it is all over with, actual spring weather is almost upon us. With that, I would like to tell you about some dates to remember. It is going to be a fun year.
- Our very own Minigh Dentistry will be hosting an Easter Egg Hunt on April 16 from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Ferguson Memorial Park.
- We will be hosting a Shinnston Farmers’ Market on the first Saturday of every month from May to September from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. This will be in the Shinnston green space and local vendors and artists are more than welcome to set up. Email Maria Lynn Cusack for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wind Down Wednesdays will kick off on May 18 at 6 p.m. with Last Year’s Model providing entertainment. After the first one, we will resume the first Wednesday of every month.
- The Shinnston pool will open on May 28 at 11 a.m. (Get your season passes now.)
- We will be having a Juneteenth/West Virginia Day Culture and Arts Festival on June 18 at the Ferguson Memorial Park.
- The Community Band will be playing in Ferguson Memorial Park on July 1. Events kick off at 6 p.m. followed by fireworks.
- Frontier Days is happening this year Aug 11-13 in the downtown area. We were not able to get amusement rides, but we will have plenty of great music, games, and vendors for you to check out.
- There will be a Beer Fest and Gravel Grinder brought to you by Pike Street Bikes on September 17.
More events will be announced such as Shakespeare in the Park, various concerts, a few midnight swims at the Shinnston pool, and of course the Citywide Yard Sale. Stay tuned for more as the weather gets warmer.